Brussel sprouts can be cooked by boiling, steaming, roasting or pan frying. Boiling, however, reduces its anti-cancer properties. For a simple, easy and delicious recipe that takes advantage of all the nutritional benefits of brusssel sprouts, we have included a recipe by Ina Garten from her Barefoot Contessa Cookbook which we personally recommend:
ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
* 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
* 3 tablespoons good olive oil
* 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt (I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.
It’s that simple. Enjoy this as a side dish with your family, as you continue your journey to a fit, healthier and happy you, and achieve overall health, beauty and wellness.