If you’re looking to prevent premature aging, look your absolute best and let your natural beauty shine through, then these skin care tips are for you. While wrinkles are an inevitable part of getting older, there are a few steps you can take to slow down the ageing process.
• The best thing you can do for your skin and overall wellness is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It all starts with the proper diet and nutrition. Superfoods like fruits and vegetables are especially good for your body and skin because they contain fiber and antioxidants. Eating good fats and oils from sources like olives also provide nutrition without excess calories.
• On top of a healthy diet, and just as important, is taking in lots of water. Water aids in keeping the skin moist and supple, while also clearing out toxins. The recommended intake being 2 liters or at least 8 full glasses a day.
• An important aspect of staying young, fit and beautiful is regular exercise. Exercise increases blood flow and helps clean out pores by sweating out toxins. Frequent physical activity will also improve your mood, enhance your cognitive skills, and reduce weight. There are fun ways to keep you motivated to exercise, whether it is through joining the gym, walking in the park or dancing to Latin music.
• Just as important as diet and exercise is stress reduction. Under stress, the body’s metabolism is disrupted, which can lead to signs of premature aging. Some good ways to relax and relieve stress include taking a bath, exercising, or meditation. You may even want to create your own herbal bath or foot rinse, as an added touch for relaxation and overall wellness.
• An often overlooked aspect of ageing is the sun. We now know how dangerous the sun’s UV rays are, so always protect your natural beauty by applying sunscreen, and wearing shades and a hat when outdoors. The sun can dry out your skin’s oils and natural moisture, making it more likely to crack or wrinkle. SPF 15 is the standard protection, but fair-skinned people may need even more protection.
• And lastly, look for products that contain jojoba oil or coenzyme Q10. Jojoba oil is a very versatile oil that can be used to reduce wrinkles, relax stretch marks, and provide moisture to dry, cracked skin. It is also very similar to some of the oils naturally produced by the skin, so it is tolerated well by the body. Jojoba oil is very high in vitamin E, which is known to be an antioxidant that can help protect the skin from damage. Coenzyme Q10, on the other hand, is mostly used for its antioxidant properties. As an anti-ageing ingredient, it protects the skin cells from free radicals.
Now that you know some tips to maintain your natural beauty and youthfulness, always remember to live happily, have fun and enjoy life. Nothing beats an optimistic mindset coupled with a bright and cheery attitude to make you look and feel young. That is the greatest secret to youth, natural beauty and wellness.